Thursday, November 17, 2011
Chocolate covered pomegranates is one of my weaknesses. Every now and again they have dark chocolate coverage pomegranate and they get me almost every time! So of course when I came across this recipe I had to try it! To sum this one up: WONDERFUL!
POM Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water, heated to boiling
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar (not wine vinegar)
1 tablespoon vanilla
Pomegranate Chocolate FrostingJuice from 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate,* or 1/2 cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
6 tablespoons butter
1 6-oz. package chocolate chips (about 1 cup)1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
12 tablespoons whole milk (I didn't use this)
1. Preheat oven to 350F with rack in the center.
2. Place a paper baking cup in each of 24 regular sized muffin cups.
3. Whisk together the dry ingredients to combine well.
4. In a large measuring cup, combine pomegranate juice and boiling water.
5. Add oil, vinegar and vanilla to the pomegranate juice mixture.
6. Add to the flour mixture all at once and whisk to combine (batter will be lumpy).
7. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (about half full).
8. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and free of crumbs .(Mine were done around 20 minutes)
9. Let cool. Frost with pomegranate chocolate frosting and drizzle with glazeFrosting:
1. In a saucepan, bring pomegranate juice and butter to a boil.
2. Remove from heat; blend in chocolate chips.
3. Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat until frosting is of spreading consistency. If frosting is too stiff, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk to thin. ( I used 1/2 cup more powdered sugar)
(For the glaze, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with about 2 capfuls of POM. It should be thick. Drizzle it on top with a whisk or put it into a ziploc bag and cut the corner to use it as a piping bag.)
RECIPE FROM http://www.howtoeatacupcake.net/
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Happy Birthday to the members of the Matta Family born in November! The Tin Palace wishes you a birthday full of Red Velvet Bliss! Cheers!
The recipe I used for these was from Martha Stewart, though I didn't use her cream cheese frosting recipe, any cream cheese frosting recipe will compliment the cupcake nicely.
Living life one cupcake at a time! :)