Sunday, August 7, 2011

Time To Jam

JAM - and this was just my half!

I had such a fun weekend, and spent some much needed quality time with my Mom.  Yesterday was a major Jam-a-thon. Many hours and many jars of jam. We only made two kinds of jam but there were delicious.  The first batch was a Strawberry Margarita Jam.  Yes- Jam with tequila in it.  It tastes so yummy- I just want to take a spoon and dig in!

The second batch was a Blood Orange and Beaujolais Marmalade. I have never been a big fan of Marmalade, but to be fair, I never really gave it a chance.  I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious this jam was.  Mom and I had a little extra left over that wouldn't fill a jar but we couldn't let it just go to waste.  Instead of throwing it out we spooned it over some Vanilla Ice Cream. It was heaven.

Earlier in the week I also made a Blackberry/Raspberry/ Peach jam that also turned out pretty good.  We had one jar that wouldn't seal - so we put it in the fridge for immediate use.  It taunted us from the fridge for 1 day before we decided to have breakfast for dinner and spread the jam over warm pancakes.  YUM.

These were my first attempts at making and canning jam.  I had so much fun I just want to turn everything into jam and put it in the canner.

Hmmm... wonder what I will make next... so many possiblities, so little time!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great. You came up with some very cool flavors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say.....making jam was never so much fun!! The "vapors" from stirring the jam were quite pleasant actually......:):):)
    (thanks for a great weekend....including
    the bookstore and antique stop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, tequila in jam. Now that's a morning pick-me-up. Worth getting out of bed for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn... it is delicious -- I will have to send you a jar. It is definitely a jam I am going to make again! It has been so much fun making jam... I have gone through this book of canning recipes and found quite a few I want to make!

    It was a GREAT weekend! a must do again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright, The Tin Palace Project




  • Copyright, The Tin Palace Project 2010-2012 by The Tin Palace Project. All rights reserved. Please refrain from using my original photos or my words without first asking me for permission. Thank you!