Thursday, January 13, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired

Okay so it has been almost 10 days since my last post.  Does that mean I am not keeping up with my New Years Resolutions already???  I guess I have to get to the blogging and make up for it.

In the Tin Palace we don't have our Family Crest hanging on the wall- instead we hang the current Anthropologie catalog!  So right now hanging by my front door is:

Isn't it beautiful?? 

So whenever the new catalogs are issued my Mom and I can't wait to dive in and see all of the amazing items they have- and the layouts are incredible.  We always find so many things to inspire us!  Most recently we found these amazing bags in the catalog by Leslie Oschmann. (for more about  Leslie Oschmann go to:
http://swarmhome.com/index.html ) These bags were so fun!

To see one of Leslie Oschmann's creations on the Anthropologie website click here


So inspired by the December 2010 Anthropologie catalog my Mom set out to make me this FABULOUS Christmas gift:

One side is a flower and a skull.


The other side is a lady in a blue dress.
      

Isn't it COOL!!  My Mom is so amazing and crafty!  If I could only have half of her creativity! She took two canvas paintings that I believe she find at the Goodwill, some vintage fabric (on the top), and  an old needlepoint (on the sides) and turned them into my new bag.  Handles are bag handles that she purchased at a craft store.  I LOVE THIS BAG, and have used it everyday since Christmas!  Thank you Mom for my fun new purse!  It is perfect!  You are amazing and I LOVE YOU!!





1 comment:

  1. A great bag! Is the wrap/shawl that you have pictured in the catalog, but not online?
    It could be crochetable :}

    ReplyDelete

Copyright, The Tin Palace Project




  • Copyright, The Tin Palace Project 2010-2012 by The Tin Palace Project. All rights reserved. Please refrain from using my original photos or my words without first asking me for permission. Thank you!