Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday.... A Day of Rest???

Happy Sunday from the Tin Palace!  There was definitely no rest around the Tin Palace today!!  I was busy busy busy!  Made soup, did all the laundry, cleaned up the palace, and had the oil changed in the Royal pickup. When I look at the list of things I did today- it doesn't seem like much, but I felt busy. 



This is a picture of the soup I made today!  This is a Black Bean Soup - that I LOVE!!  It is very delicious! The recipe has you blend the soup with a hand blender - but I love my soups to be chunky and hearty! So I cut the produce larger and don't blend it.  SO DELICIOUS!!                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
Maui Black Bean Soup
(from Clean Eating Cookbook)

Ingredients

    2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 2 ribs celery, diced 1 fat carrot, peeled and chopped 1 small purple onion, chopped 1 red pepper, chopped 1 green pepper, chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 tsp. dried cumin 1 tsp. dried oregano 1 tsp. dried basil 1 tsp. chili powder 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth 2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz) 1 cup corn kernels salt and pepper to taste



Directions

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, peppers and onion and saute until onion becomes transculent, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and spices and cook another 2 minutes.
Add stock, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 20 minutes. Using a hand blender, puree soup to desired consistency (it is best to leave some chunks). Add corn and let simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.

Number of Servings: 7

                   ENJOY!        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright, The Tin Palace Project




  • Copyright, The Tin Palace Project 2010-2012 by The Tin Palace Project. All rights reserved. Please refrain from using my original photos or my words without first asking me for permission. Thank you!